Athens Investment Summit
Now in its sixth year of financial crisis, Greece finds itself at one of the most difficult junctures in its history. Although the Tsipras government signed the Third Memorandum and one of the most difficult structural adjustment programmes devised, the national fiscal situation continues to deteriorate.
In no small part, this is due to a fundamental inability of successive governments to foster investments and a climate suitable to private sector economic growth.
Despite the negative headlines and volatile political environment, investments in Greece are gathering speed. The Tsipras government is gradually implementing its privatisation commitments. And investments in export-oriented sectors, such as tourism, manufacturing or agriculture, are taking place.
The Athens Investment Summit provides a practitioner-focussed, objective view of the real risks, opportunities and threats of investing in Greece.
- 21/02/2017 Navigator Consulting begins due diligence and investment advisory for a 500-room integrated tourism resort in Crete.
- 18/05/2016 Trans Adriatic Pipeline project initiated in Greece
- 16/05/2016 Black Sea Trade and Development Bank Forum in Greece
- 18/03/2016 Athens Investment Summit 2016 Conclusions
- 25/02/2016 AIS welcomes the Black Sea Trade and Development Bank to the Summit
- 24/02/2016 AIS welcomes the International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Yallou is a fresh and unique online interactive platform that was created to give solutions to the visitors who search or travel to Hellenic destinations, by providing integrated, curated and quality content and contributing towards the development of sustainable destinations.
The Greek technology sector has seen the rapid growth of a start-up culture and new business launches. Greek start-ups such as Taxibeat and Workable have excelled, expanding internationally and attracting funding rounds from domestic and international investors. Financers such as the Open Fund have provided cornerstone seed capital and early stage financing. Organisations such as The Cube, OpenCoffee and others provide networking, acceleration, incubation and a framework where like-minded, ambitious and motivated entrepreneurs can meet and develop.